What Does the CICREB Do with Your Personal Information?
The law requires us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. The law also limits how we can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of consumers' personal information is very important to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with the personal, or corporate information we collect both online and offline.
When you contact us to help you with a problem, we may collect personal information about you. We collect and use only the information necessary to respond to your concerns and conduct investigations. In most instances, we collect minimal personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, or email address. In limited cases, depending on the nature of your request or of our law enforcement investigations, we also may collect other personal information such as National Identity card/ Driver License numbers, account numbers, or mortgage or health information. We also may collect information about your visit to our websites for security and internal operations purposes..
When do we collect personal information?
When you contact us...
• To order publications, obtain redress, or register for the National Do Not Call Registry.
• To file a complaint or seek help for possible consumer fraud or identity theft.
• To file a public comment or participate in a rulemaking, workshop, or community engagement project.
When we contact you...
• To ask if you will participate in a consumer survey.
• To provide information in response to a subpoena or other legal process.
When we contact others...
• To collect information about potential victims when we investigate possible law violations.
Where does your information go?
Within the CICREB...
• We use consumer information to further our law enforcement investigations.
• Our contractors use your information when they perform certain services, such as operating the National Do Not Call Registry or our Consumer Response Center, processing redress claims, or fulfilling your order for publications.
• To register you in our data base for future references.
To other government agencies (localand international)...
• We work with our partners to investigate complaints, coordinate law enforcement investigations, cooperate with oversight investigations, or follow up on ID theft reports.
• You want to purchase minerals e.g. Gold diamonds Copper etc., we use the information available to verify if the company you are dealing with is genuine.
To others outside government...
• We post public comments and transcripts, including names, state of residence, and other non-confidential information, on the CICREB website in a rulemaking, workshop, blog, or other public CICREB proceeding.
• We provide information to credit bureaus for complaints about consumer fraud, ID theft, or credit reports.
• We provide only your phone number to telemarketers to enforce the National Do Not Call Registry.
• We provide information to businesses or individuals in response to court orders, subpoenas, discovery requests, or Freedom of Information Act requests, or to resolve complaints.
• We use third-party services on our websites to assist in communicating or interacting with the public.
Additional CICREB Privacy-Related
AdditionalCICREB Privacy-Related Information
Contact cicreb directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Act Information
As provided herein
Contact CICREB Directly on the information provided here.